Tuesday, February 1, 2011

OMGoodness, It is WCM (Windy,Cold and Miserable)

We are in the middle of a blizzard, although we seemed to have missed most of the snow, the wind and miserable cold have not spared any of us I am afraid.  I caught a picture of this squirrel trying to find the last of the crab apple berries. Uck.....I think I will put out a yummy apple for him. Isn't it amazing how they can hang on with their feet in 30 mile per hour winds!  He didn't stay long though as I saw him scurry across the fence back to his warm den somewhere in the trees.
Here is a picture from my office window. I tried to take one with the door open..Ummm, no thanks, it is soooo cold out there.  I hate being cold.  I feel so bad for those people who have to work out in this stuff.

This would be a good day for chili and cinnamon rolls.  But instead, I was lazy once again and we ate take out.  At least I had one of Wendys new Apple Pecan salads. Yummm...Rick drove thru and brought it home  with his Hog Wild BBQ.  I am going to get out some of my recipes and cook some good meals.  Tomorrow I am planning something in the crock pot with pork chops....NO MORE DRIVE-THRU'S...

My thought for today:

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. - Marcel Proust


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,



"Do not fear, I will help you." (Isaiah 41:10,13)

Blessings~

Lynn





2 comments:

Toyin O. said...

Nice verse, hope your enhjoyed your snow day:)

Lynn said...

Thank you!, I did but enjoyed this last week so much more as one week later here in Kansas, it was in the 60s!