Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Week of Hearts

This week started off with my favorite holiday ~ Valentines Day ~  I have always loved this day because it is a day you tell the people you love how much you love them!!  When I was little, I loved making out my valentines, those little bitty ones and mine usually had a cat or kitten on them. You saved the best ones for your best friends and the one boy you liked the most...like "Curtis King" Hmmm..wonder where he is now...2nd grade first love...never knew I exsisted....kind of love... We made our Valentine bags out of paper bags and decorated them so pretty...well have the times changed...
Well last week I got to help Kolby decorate his....

It was a Valentine Train! of his own design!

Papa helped with the wheels and see the peephole in the back.  It has a
Valentine message in there!  Clever...

They put their valentines in here.  It was connected with couplers and
everything.  But I think the best thing of all was when Kolby told me
he had given it to Neeko, a boy that has been "on Kolbys Last nerve" all year.
That is God working his plan......

On Valentines Day, Rick and I celebrated our 35th year of marraige.  When I think back on those years we have been so blessed.  I wish we would have done some things differently on the financial end and would love to have do-overs there. We were suppose to be celebrating in SanDiego at the ocean. 
Well, maybe on our 40th!!  Happy Anniversary , Hon

The rest of the week was alot of discussion at work about "Heart Healthy" habits.  GVG is sponsoring a Wellness Program and it has been focusing on heart healthy things...
My favorite chocolate is Milk Chocolate, but I did try a Dark Chocolate heart!  Wasn't as bitter as I remember them being.  But at the end of the week I finished off the milk chocolate in the bag :(

This week I  just want to tell my family and  friends  that I them.

As in 1 Corinthians 13: 4... Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant
5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends.

I remember this in our wedding ceremony all those many years ago....

~Blessings,

Lynn

No comments: