Monday, May 16, 2011

Rhubarb Pie! My Birthday Cake

I should have posted this on my birthday but as usual I am a little behind.  For several years now, my mom, who will be 89 this June 12th, has made me a rhubarb pie for my birthday.  It is my absolute favorite pie. My mom also makes the best pie crust ever.  That little bit of tart along with the little sweet satisfies my taste buds. This year I especially thought about my mom making my pie, because it is getting harder for her to do alot of things.  Her small frame body and little legs that don't want to hold her up as long as they once did. Her arthritic hands cutting the rhubarb and mixing it, make it so much more special.  And she always says, "well, I cooked it too long" or " it is a little dry".  No mom, it is just right!



One other good note, I am not working my second job any longer.  YEAH!!  Yes, we need the money, but I need to be able to be available for my mom AND for my family (and for me).......

Life is Good......

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,"Do not fear, I will help you." (Isaiah 41:10,13)


~Blessings,


~~Lynn

No comments: