Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Week of Long. . . .

It is a georgous sunny Saturday morning and I am so thankful for that. This has been a very, long week.  I am so tired of cleaning toilets and empting trash and now I must do the same at home.  Let me explain...I started a second job doing the cleaning of the GVG office and the Surgery Center last week.  The opportunity arose for me to take this job, and you don't have to leave to another workplace. I know the people, and need to be pro-active about our financial situation instead of whining about it.  So I have to put on my "big girl panties" and just do it.  But I have to give myself several "talking toos" a few times a week. I am hoping I will get into a routine and it will go alot faster once I get a plan of action.

But enuf of that.....

I attended a Wonderful Scrap Retreat last weekend at Camp Mennosca~My friend Mary and about 20 others worked on our scrapbooks from Friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon. We ate some great meals, and I slept better than I have for a long time.  Here is a couple of the projects we worked on.

This is a gift bag that we made at a make and take session.
This is a Post-It holder that I made.
 Mary, thinking hard about her project.
 
Creative Memory Consultant: Renetta Goodin from Wichita was in charge of this and it was the third year.  It was lots of fun and a wonderful facility. We already plan to go next year!
 
Both Digital and regular scrapbooking are my passion.  I love it!!
 
I heard this the other day....one to ponder.
 
"We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace."



~William Ewart Gladstone
 
Till next time...
 
Blessings
 
~Lynn
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Mary Wade said...

Was I deep in thought - or just napping setting up??? That was a fun weekend. And I have lots of new photos waiting to be printed and scrapped.