Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Gathering 2012

I just got back today from a wonderful weekend at the Webster Conference Center, where there was a retreat for our church and other churches in our District.  I took along Kolby, Akyra, Addy and Mya!  We all had a great time.  I know the girls LOVED it! Kolby, being in the youth, away from us, and with alot of kids older, said he had a good time. Even going down the zip line! (The best part was when he got to the ground tho!)



We had some AWESOME speakers too....But the one that touched me the most was Dr. Paul Ullom-Minnich, who told his story of going to Haiti in 2010, after the earthquake.  That is something that I would like to do someday.  Scarey tho, to leave my safe little world....We talked about just saying YES!! and I have been trying to "just say NO! for so long....... At first, Dr. Paul said No, although he wanted to help in some way. He had checked many avenues to go and kept hitting road blocks so he just decided that he could not go.  One week later, Brethren Disaster Ministries called him and asked if he would go. He said Yes! and has never regretted it.

 
 
I will share more pictures of the kids later but this is my best.......
 
 
 
 
Blessings~ Lynn



No comments: